Your Auto Insurance Benefits are CHANGING
Before you renew your policy, you need to make important coverage decisions.
Effective June 1st, 2016
[Click here for more information]
Canadian law requires all automobile owners that drive a vehicle on public roads to obtain certain basic coverage. The compulsory minimum liability insurance in Ontario and most of Canada is $200,000. The liability insurance required by law covers you if you cause an accident injuring someone or damage someone else’s property. If you do not carry valid insurance you may see yourself facing a fine ranging from $5,000-$50,000, and you may possibly have your license suspended.
Automobile Insurance is now standardized in Ontario under the Auto Insurance Rate Stability Act. At HTM Insurance we write business with our local brokerages/agencies because they know the people in their community, and they can best correspond to you and your needs. We take pride in underwriting your auto policy efficiently and competitively. We offer several discounts to policyholders based on specific circumstances:
- Farm Vehicle Rates
- Multi Vehicle Discount
- Property Insured Discount – you will receive a discount on your auto policy if your property is also insured with HTM Insurance.
- Long Term Policyholder Discount
- Retiree Discount
- Elite Driver Rates – for drivers over 50 years of age
- Protection Plus – to protect your good driving record if you experience an at-fault accident
- Emergency Road Service Excess Coverage
You may contact your local HTM broker/agent for more information on these discounts.
There are many factors that affect the amount of insurance you may pay on your automobile. It all depends on what you drive, when you drive, where you drive, how you drive and how often you drive. You may have to pay more auto insurance if you are at-fault for an accident, convicted of many or serious traffic violations, own a high risk vehicle, move to a more populated area or add a new driver to your policy.
Ways to keep your auto insurance low:
- Drive safely and follow the rules of the road – at-fault accidents and traffic violations cause your premiums to rise.
- Raise your deductibles – the more your deductible, the lower your premium is.
- Cut excessive coverage – some vehicles are not worth keeping collision insurance on.
To find an HTM broker, click here.