2021 Virtual Annual and Special General Meeting
TAKE NOTICE that an Annual and Special General Meeting of the Members of Hamilton Township Mutual Insurance Company will be held on the 13th day of March, 2021 at the hour of 11 am, for the purposes of:
- Receiving the Chairman’s opening remarks
- Receiving and approving the Minutes of the 2020 Annual Meeting
- Receiving the 2020 Annual Financial Statement and Auditors’ Report
- To consider and if thought fit, to adopt, with such amendment as may be made at the meeting, the following amendments to section 24 of the Company’s By-law #4, passed by the Board of Directors January 14th , 2021:
- Amend section 24(a) to provide that to be eligible to be elected a person must be a member of the corporation for a minimum of thirty days prior being elected; and
- To add a new section to provide that notwithstanding section 24(a) of the By-law, with his consent in writing, a person who is not a member may be a director if he becomes a member of the Corporation at least thirty days prior to time of his first election as a director.
- Members will be provided with the text of the amendments upon request
- Electing three Directors for a three year term. Directors whose terms will expire are Van Darling, Bill Dorland and Dave Rutherford each of whom are eligible to be re-elected and have been nominated for re-election in accordance with the Company’s By-laws.
- Receiving the report of the President
- Appointment of auditors for the year 2021
- Transacting any other business that may properly be brought before the meeting
The Meeting will be held electronically, allowing all members who wish to attend the meeting and vote, to do so by establishing a communications link to the meeting. Policy holders wishing to attend the Meeting electronically must contact the office or register online prior to March 1st, 2021 to pre-register with a valid policy number.